Wednesday, October 17, 2012

George Street to shut down for A Moveable Feast

It's already the last few days of the Crave Sydney International Food Festival Noodle Markets, as well as the end of Art & About - and I've been so manically busy lately that I haven't been able to really experience either, other than spotting a zany striped building in Taylor Square.

The Great Crate, Green Square Station
Image from Art & About Sydney, courtesy of City of Sydney
But at least I plan to make the closing celebrations of Art & About, which in collaboration with Crave, is closing down George Street (in front of Town Hall, between Park and Bathurst Streets) this Saturday night for A Moveable Feast.

The food trucks will come out to play together as the night will feature the trucks' food such as pork belly buns from Tsuru, spatchcock confit from Eat Art Truck, spelt pizzas by Agape Organic, tacos by Cantina Mobil and vegie burgers from The Veggie Patch.

Eat Art Truck earlier this year
It will be a great opportunity to sample the food trucks' offerings and see them together as I've found them a little more difficult to track down at the right times than I thought would have been the case.

A Moveable Feast will feature picnic tables, music and film screenings, including Ratatouille which has to be a favourite among food and rat lovers.

Fingers crossed for clear skies to check out Sydney's moveable feast, from 7.30pm to midnight on Saturday, 20 October.

2 comments:

Not Quite Nigella said...

Ah alas I can't attend but when I read about it, I thought that it was a great idea!

Tina @ bitemeshowme said...

What a pity that I can't attend. Will be looking forward to your post :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...